Sunday, January 4, 2009

Our Society Has Failed...

...I think it's safe to say, when our government needs to put out PSAs and have an intiative for fathers to be fathers. It's like that Chris Rock skit from Bigger and Blacker

You know the worst thing about niggas? Niggas always want credit for some shit they supposed to do. A nigga will brag about some shit a normal man just does. A nigga will say some shit like, "I take care of my kids." You're supposed to, you dumb motherfucker! What kind of ignorant shit is that?


Anyway I actually thought this commercial was darling and it was the first I had heard of this project

but I just think it's a little alarming that we need something like this. I'm not too religious and lord knows I don't believe in a "traditional family" but you shouldn't need a multi-million dollar campaign to know to love your kids and spend time with them. And if you do then you probably should've already had that pre-emptive vasectomy.
Either way here are a few of the other PSAs, because I do enjoy them (and they are far less preachy and sanctimonious than other attempts on the same subject)




But if you jave a kid and don't know how to be involved in their life I'd recommend calling your "baby mama" (I hate that phrase and it should've been killed before two middle aged white women made a movie about it) and talking to her about OR you can visit Fatherhood.gov

(yeah I'm probably just bitter because I wish someone had come up with this intiative when my daddy left...tear)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: