Friday, December 14, 2007

So I Had A Dream Last Night

and it was kind of bizarre, though I guess a little mundane because it kind of incorporates and melds the two things that have been most on my mind the last few days, John Edwards' candidacy and (because of the upcoming one year anniversary of my starting hormones) transsexuality.
So it started and I think I ran into John outside one of his events and shook his hands and told him how much I believe in him and then he went inside to give a speech. During this speech, or maybe the speech was a few days later but during the speech John came out as a transsexual and naturaly it was a shocking moment and an emotional one as John said something like "no more pretending, no more" something and then he announced that he would be changing his name to Millie and I thought to myself "how southern" (and i'm not sure exactly if Millie is a southern name- it just seems genteel in that way.)And Elizabeth was standing right next to him and she had such a smile on her face, because she is such an amazing and loving person. Later on the front page of his website there was a seven page letter (which I didn't read because you really can't read in dreams) that had near the beginning an anecdote about John being with his son (or maybe ti was a story from John's youth) about having a boy doll and a girl doll and switching their heads-putting the boy head on the girl body) and it was just so touching and so real and vulnerable.
And the whole time I had such a sense of pride, because of the happiness I usually feel when someone comes out as trans and a guess in my dreams that is a high honor, but also one of sorrow because I knew that now John/Milie could never be President, but he could be a huge and leading force fighting for equal and civil rights.
Then I spent a fair amount of time trying to figure out what demographics could be cobbled together to form a coalition to win 270 electoral votes.
But yeah that was it; I dreamed John Edwards was a transsexual and it made me really happy.
And I didn't want to wake up.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: