Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Girls Will Be Boys and Boys Will Be Girls...

Over at Slate V Emily Yoffe “The Human Guinea Pig” explores the world of drag kings with the DC Kings performing a Tom Jones number under the name Johnson Manly (the best name in the thing though was easily Herbie Hind) Anyway “Johnson” makes an interesting looking man


I admit that I’m not that familiar with Drag kings as I should e (kinda strange actually) the only show I’ve seen was The Cuntry Kings in Durham (on the recommendation of one of my cul ant professors) but watching that reminded me of something I wasn’t sure if I had already posted (I really thought I did but I couldn’t find it.)
It’s a short documentary film entitled "What it Feels Like for A Boy (As a Girl)” about USC’s Rainbow Floor and their drag show during Coming Out Week (Duke has an annual drag show during their COW as well; must be a thing) and it really is a pity about the red head; she’d make a really pretty girl if she wasn’t like 12 feet tall.

Part 2

And is it weird that I’m not that into drag shows? I mean I’m all about gender transgression (obviously) and I really enjoy like the cutting comedy drag queens but lipsynching to bad music just really doesn’t do it for me. But it is a mixed up muddled up shook up world, and I like it.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: