Sunday, November 18, 2007

Midnight Movie Transmission

"The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it"- Flannery O'Connor.

This is one of those things that fell into my lap almost by providence, or in this case because of a facebook wall post in response to a misinterpreted status, but within 5 minutes I was hooked and by the end I couldn't stop thinking about it, and still can't. I actually debated putting this as my last post on Wednesday so it would have a predominant spot for the Holiday weekend but I knew I would not be able to think about anything else or get it off my mind before then. I've already spent so many hours today following up on some of the salient points in the film and recommended it to a lot of my friends (and I'm sure I'll be thinking a lot about it as I fail to sleep tonight.)

It's Zeitgeist: The Movie and it is one of the most important things I've ever seen. It touches on everything from the founding myths of Christianity to the myths of the 9-11 attacks in order to tell people to not trust everything you're told and to think for yourself!

I'm not generally a conspiracy theory type, though I was thinking about it and realized I believe in Kennedy and King assassination conspiracy theories, and I certainly didn't want to believe all those I deemed wackos who thought that 9-11 was a government job; i may be naive, but I didn't want to believe that our government would just kill 3,000 of it's own people. And yes I agree there are too many times where they use an unattributed voice overs but I was so hooked and already believed in what they were putting forth in Part One that I gave them the benefit of the doubt- well that and I do believe that this Administration would do anything and the immorality of power)

It's staggering and terrifying and devastating. Seriously watch it- there are very few things that I can honestly say blew my mind or changed my way of thinking and seeing the world but this is definitely one of them.
Zeitgeist: The Movie


"They must find it difficult...Those who have taken the authority as the truth, rather than the truth as the authority"-Gerald Massey

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: