Monday, October 22, 2007

Your Stuck in my Head Song of the Day

I've had this song in my head since maybe Saturday(?) so this is a great opportunity to not only have an amazing song in this spot but also to get it out of my head (and possibly give a clue to Best Band Ever*, maaybe.) it's by Ben Gibbard and Dntel otherwise known as The Postal Service (y'know the one that doesn't screw up your mail way too often) and the song is We Will Become Silhouettes:

I've got a cupboard with cans of food,
filtered water, and pictures of you
and I'm not coming out until this is all over.
And I'm looking through the glass
Where the light bends at the cracks
And I'm screaming at the top of my lungs
Pretending the echoes belong to someone
Someone I used to know

And we become silhouettes when our bodies finally go
ba ba ba ba

I wanted to walk through the empty streets
And feel something constant under my feet,
But all the news reports recommended that I stay indoors
Because the air outside will make
Our cells divide at an alarming rate
Until our shells simply cannot hold
All our insides in,
And that's when we'll explode
(And it won't be a pretty sight)

And we'll become silhouettes when our bodies finally go
ba ba ba ba

My only question is we will become silhouettes when our bodies go "ba ba?" or will we become silhouettes when our bodies finally go...with ba ba being a whimsical utterance. And I think I may like an image of becoming a silhouette, though that image kind of reminds me of the typical remains of victims like in a nuclear blast, which is depressing. Either way here is the video (with the fabulous Jenny Lewis) for Your Stuck In My Head Song of The Day "We Will Become Silhouettes" by The Postal Service


I've decided I really like this video; it reminds me of a time and place I have never known but still seems strangely familiar and the end totally reminds me of like Luke staring at the twin suns of Tatooine (god I'm such a nerd) [And that's why I thought it gave off that strange Napoleon Dynamite feel-they were both directed by the same guy, Jared Hess]


The Postal Service- We Will Become Silhouettes (download) buy Give Up
The Postal Service - Give Up - We Will Become Silhouettes

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: