Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Your Stuck in my Head Song of the Day

I'm assuming this song got in my head today because it came on my iTunes so there's no more profound reason than that but Until The End of The World, by U2 got in there and I don't know where this sentence is going. Anyway this is off Achtung Baby, which I think may be my favorite U2 album from top to bottom and comes from a time before I hated, or became annoyed with Bono. At times he does have some pretty lyrics that are easy to relate to and you can take as far as you want in your own mind, like:
In my dream I was drowning my sorrows
But my sorrows, they learned to swim
Surrounding me, going down on me
Spilling over the brim
(I like the image of drowned sorrows learning to swim)

And according to wikipedia the song is about Jesus' last night:The lyrics describe a conversation between Jesus Christ and Judas Iscariot. The first verse discusses The Last Supper; the second is about Judas identifying Jesus with a kiss on the lips in the Garden of Gethsemane; and the final is about Judas' suicide after being overwhelmed with guilt and sadness.
who knew? That really brings a different level of understanding. I just thought it was a tale about a guy and his melancholy partner who was kind of being a mood killer.

Anywhoo I think this may be the official video but I don't like it that much-it kind of hurts my eyes and reminds me too much of the strange part of the early 90s with those colors (that I can't explain but if you lived through those years you'll recognize) so here is a video, made on the ZooTv tour in 1992, of Your Stuck in My Head Song of The Day:U2- Until The End of The World

U2- Until The End of The World [download] buy Achtung Baby

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: