Monday, October 15, 2007

Your Stuck in my Head Song of the Day

I woke up this morning with a song left over from this weekend, Gang of Four's Damaged Good, stuck in my head but then as the day continued and I shied away from listening to anything (in an effort to stop pounding in my head) that song and that groove sort of morphed into that of another Gang of Four song- I Love a Man In A Uniform. For a post punk (or new wave) band who may have taken their name from the gang of four major Structuralist theorists (or the Chinese gang of four) they sure can lay down a nice beat and it has an amazing lyric which I never noticed before:
To have ambitions was my ambition
But I had nothing to show for my dreams
Plus the Indians played today and so with Grady Sizemore this song has a special quality. So here's Your Stuck in My Head Song of the Day- Gang of Four's "I Love A Man in A Uniform*"

Gang of Four- I Love a Man in a Uniform (mp3) buy Songs of the Free

*(and I just figured out this performance could have been right around the time I was conceived, which is really really strange to think about)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: