Thursday, October 11, 2007

Wastin' Away Again in Margartitaville

from Slate V's new series "Interviews 50 Cents" (which I thought was a story about interviewing Curtis Jackson) here is an interview conducted in Key West with a man who is enjoying his life and carpe dieming that shit:

(Apparently Margaritaville is actually Key West: good to know. The Key West Chamber of Commerce should totally use this interview as an ad)
This dude really is living the dream, the Jimmy Buffett, Parrothead dream that so many of my guy friends are pining for* :

Blew out my flip flop, stepped on a pop-top,
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home.
But there's booze in the blender and soon it will render,
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.

Wasted away again in Margaritaville,
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame,
But I know it's my own damn fault.

though the music in the background is Paul Simon's "Slip Slidin' Away" read into that what you may.
Slip Slidin' Away (mp3) buy The Essential Paul Simon.
*(to be old and leathery but drunk and happy)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: