Thursday, October 18, 2007

Colbert Campaign Makes Immediate Impact

I can't be the only one who thinks it might be more than coincidence that less than 48 hours after Stephen Colbert announced his candidacy for the office of President of South Carolina that Sam Brownback withdraws from the race.

I can't say I actually care, it's not like Sam brought much to the race. Besides boredom and such such whiteness.
But what about the unforeseen consequences; will the Lotus Lounge stop selling the "Brownback" cocktail? Will Brownback Girl have to become a Tancredo* Ho?


Heaven forbid.
And maybe just maybe this could be the start of candidates running scared. I still think Freddie at any point is going to announce "fuck it; I'm getting a beer" and quit.

*who seems quite excited and proud that he's the "1st major candidate on the New Hampshire ballot", though I think "major candidate" is a bit of a stretch

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: