Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ad Diction: Fairy Tale Gum

Here is the Dentyne Ice "Frog Kiss" commercial

It's so sweet and romantic and fairy tale like (total shrek animation) it makes you feel good inside, but the reason I especially like the commercial is because of the song, which has the best use of stuttering in any song outside of Roger Daltrey in My Generation, and I was immediately drawn to.
So I did a little research and found out the song is by Ben's Brother and is called, appropriately enough, Stuttering:

It's been, it's been, it's been, it's been
su-su-such a long time, long time, long time
since anybody touched me, touched me, touched me
the way that you touch me
So if I stutter, stutter, stutter
and I feel so so so unsexy
so maybe I'll just keep my mouth shut at least until you kiss me

[Chorus:]
So kiss me again
Cause only you can stop this stut-stut-stut-stuttering
Kiss me again
And ease my su-su su-su su-su su-su-su- suffering

[Verse 2:]
I know I know
it's sy it's sy-sy-symbolic of everything
Everything that's wrong with me and you
So tell me what I'm supposed to do
Oh it's been ages since we've been really honest
but I can make ch-ch-ch-changes if you really want this

[Chorus]
So kiss me again
Cause only you can stop this stut-stut-stut-stuttering
Kiss me again
And ease my *su-su su-su su-su su-su-su- suffering

Aww. It's such a regular song structure and normal (for me) and kind of reminds me of the mid to late 90s rock vibe, but it's so cute and romantic and awesome and I love it. I kind of don't want to hear any of their other stuff for fear that this image of have of them was merely an aberration. But don't let me stop you.

Ben's Brother-Stuttering (mp3)

buy it on iTunes
Ben's Brother - Stuttering - Single - Stuttering

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i felt the exact same way when i saw this commercial as well