Monday, September 17, 2007

Your Simply Amazing Stuck in My Head Song of the Day

Today I think I've had in my head, for longer than 20 minutes each, If I Only Had a Brain, Ted Just Admit It, I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker (With Flowers in My Hair) and Carry on My Wayward Son but one song stayed with me longer and so I decided that Bowl of Oranges is totally a worthy choice for Stuck in My Head.

I'm not actually in a bad mood, as I think I am a lot of the time I listen to Bright Eyes, but this song and the train engine chugging of the intro especially has stuck with me and been in my head leading always into me trying to remember all the words, and getting enough right to stisfy myself.. Bright Eyes (i'm still not sure if Bright Eyes is the name of the band or if it refers only to Conor Oberst) has such an amazing sense of rhyme and rhythm and Conor is really a wordsmith. These aren't only lyrics they're closer to poetry bordering on containing wisdom (gag). But it is a great song about hope and helping others and being in love with life. And it contains one of my absolute favorite lyrics of all time, one that I actually think of a lot when I'm in a crying mood "And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow."

Anyway I love the video especially the first half with like the rag doll stop motion feel; it's very unique, or at least I can't recall anything that similar with such an organic country feel.
So here is your simply amazing stuck in my head song of the day- Bright Eyes-Bowl of Oranges


Liking this song doesn't make me emo, does it?

Bright Eyes- Bowl of Oranges (mp3) buy

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: