Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Material Lust: Things that are too cool/trendy for me*

but of course I still want

  • I really want this calendar of Mormon Missionaries, "Men on a Mission" and maybe a model in my bed as well. When I first saw the url mormonsexposed.com I really read it as Mormon Sex Posed which I think is more fitting and I like a lot better.
  • Speaking of things I want in my bedroom I think it would be cool to have one of the Rolling Eye Clocks by the J. Oswald Company at the foot of my bed so I could stare at it on those insomniac nights and freak out and have nightmares...which of course I wouldn't fear because I'd have my Mormon missionary in bed where I help corrupt him. It's soo Angels in America-I'd have my very own Joe Pitt.
  • Keeping with the lying in bed mini-theme I could actually really use this adjustable LapTop Fan Stand from Thanko, because even though my powerbook isn't that old it still gets me very hot and bothered. Or maybe as I spend too much of my day sitting down I should get the Hula Chair to help work my abs. Hmm speaking of flat abs if I were to disorder my eating even more I guess I might not use as many plates and so I might not need the DishMaker developed by MIT students which create new dishes, if you're above washing your old ones. I would call that lazy but that's a lot of work to be lazy.
  • I try to be a good person most of the time and so this fashion label not only interests me because it has a really cool name Armed Angels, but also because of their commitment to an "uncompromising rejection of child labour, wage exploitation and environmental pollution" and also "customers can participate by sending in designs, voting designs, applying as models, voting for models"- so interactive! They seem to be Euro based right now but the designs actually are stylish and kind of funky. And continuing with the funky yet "for a good cause" fashion kick, Wallis brought "together some of the top names in fashion, as well as a few celebrities, to create their 2007 charity charm necklace. Six unique charms were created by well-known designers (such as Christian Louboutin and Grayson Perry) and celebrities (such as Scarlett Johansson and Kate Moss). Contributors were asked to sketch their own charm, choose the material as well as give it a name." About half of the proceeds of the Charity Charms go to benefit cancer research in Britain, hopefully somthing similar can happen in the States as well.
  • Here's one way to stand out and accessorize the rather ubiquitous iPod earbuds - Hello Kitty earphone charms! Very girly, I know.
  • On a totally different note I've always wanted a hovercraft and now (finally!) we can have our own, thanks to the Hov Pod (is everything a Pod or an iSomething nowadays?) for only $26,000. I mean it does reach 45 m.p.h. (though I don't know the mpg) and imagine how it will affect your commute...
  • Sure this shoe from Balenciaga may be ugly and look like a Lego and cost about 1400 american but... I guess that's fashion and who ever said fashion was about practicality or beauty, anyway? The MoHop sandal on the other hand is practical and cute and customizable and looks really fun (not to mention they're "green."
I suck at fashion writing, I've come to accept that, so for everyone's convenience here is a (further) list of wants, minus my attempted humour or personal touch:
i think that'll tide me over.

Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory- I Want it Now (mp3)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: