Sunday, September 30, 2007

A (Late) Sunday Post

well that was actually a fun, if not quite relaxing quick little trip to San Francisco. Aside from a minor emotional breakdown everything went pretty well, and even that suckness was alleviated by a 30 Rock marathon Bravo. I love that show so much I wanna take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant.

I had originally planned on having a more extensive and philosophical post for sunday but...I got home and needed to crash for a bit so I hope this'll do. I've actually had this picture for literally months, but I never could find a spot to fit it in. It's been on my desktop since back when I was still figuring out how to screen capture and this was perfect because baseball is one of those sports where writers and enthusiasts speak of it in poetic and almost mythical terms (90 feet between bases, 9 innings, 9 players, 162 games 1+6+2=9: cosmic) and how the game and athleticism can summon up thoughts of ballet so I thought this was beautiful in that way. Plus I enjoy media miscues. So in honor of the regular baseball season being over


Speaking of tragedies of Shakespearean proportions...the Mets' owners really should just trade all their players,fire their whole coaching staff, dismantle the front office, turn Shea stadium into a homeless shelter, sell the team, donate the money to charity and turn to a life of monastic poverty someplace because that was some collapse. I actually was kind of rooting for the Mets (or more specifically David Wright, the gorgeousness that he is) to do well this season but I had to root for history and the Phillies to come back. Now I want them to win the whole thing- I enjoy a nice "team of destiny" story.

I had planned to do this sometime ago and since tomorrow it will no longer be September and this relevant (kinda like the Mets: zing) here's a little treat in celebratiion of the durseable passing of time- Songs of September:

Frank Sinatra- The September of My Years (mp3)
Ryan Adams & The Cardinals-September (mp3)
Dinah Washington- September in the Rain (mp3)
Natalie Imbruglia- Come September (mp3)
James Taylor-September Grass (mp3)
Mirah- Oh September! (mp3)
Fiona Apple- Pale September (mp3)
Green Day-Wake Me Up When September Ends (mp3)
Frank Sinatra-September Song (mp3)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: