Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Your Stuck in my Head Song of the Day

Today was a tough day for this post, I had two amazing, like truly amazing songs stuck in my head all day. They are really different songs but I kind of realized they are both so good that the odds are high both would still be stuck in my head tomorrow, so I decided to flip a coin to see who I would profile tonight. SO tonight's stuck in my head song of the day is Amy Winehouse's
"You Know I'm No Good."
I've had this song in my head since I woke up when I was thinking about Hubby's e-mail and formulating my response and wondering if I'm in love with her and wondering if I've ever actually been in love and then thinking about all my failings and if maybe I have been in love I probably screwed it up (breath). But the main chorus (I think I like that word play) of
"I cheated myself
Like I knew I would
I told ya, I was trouble
You know that I'm no good"
are some of those sentiments that I'm sure all of us think about at times when we feel like we're not living up to an ideal of ourselves. Plus I love her boozin' and constant references to it. Though she could act like she cares, just a little. Like my partner in LME said today:
Everlyn: i love amy winehouse

so much
esp since i grew up on oldies
me: except for her skankness
Everlyn: yea, she's pretty gross looking
some people press mute when they watch music videos
here i'd close my eyes
me: and she cancelled some concerts claiming exhaustion so hse could go out pubbing
for like 4 straight nights
Everlyn: well, there's always some tradeoff
and as long as i can hear her music without seeing her, im fine
me: good
Everlyn: although i would like to see her in concert. maybe
far away.
Anyway here it is and I dare you to try to get the chorus out of your head.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: