Friday, July 27, 2007

Today on Evergreen Terrace

Today is the day millions of people have been waiting years for. As you may have heard The Simpsons Movie finally is released today and so in honor of it I'm going to (try to) do a day devoted solely to those with four fingers. We'll see how well that works out. Anyway I must admit when I first heard news that they were doing a movie I was apprehensive. I mean I didn't know what exactly they could do that they haven't done in the past 18 years, and plus over the past few seasons the show has been a little spotty. But as a lifelong fan I was always going to give them the benefit of the doubt and over the last few months I think their marketing campaign has been brilliant and maybe got people like me, who at first were a little skeptical, excited again. Very Very excited. I still have no idea how the movie is, but I don't really care I'm loyal and I must support.
So I'll start today off at the beginning (because I have no idea how else to start such an experiment) with the first ever "episode" of the Simpsons when they were still shorts on the Tracey Ullman Show (or you can watch it here with director commentary)


and here is a reminder of the First Wave of Simpsons Mania, where they were everywhere and doing anything, including having Bart make a rap video. The song was big enough, at least for an 8 or 8 year old me, that I still remember it today. So for Old Times Sake, "[Everybody] Do The Bartman"

Aww, we were all so young and innocent then...but what were we thinking?

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: