Friday, July 6, 2007

Some People Never Grow Up

or Morgan Stanley; Not Too Concerned With Your Problems
When I was in elementary school, 4th or 5th grade some friends and I were discussing the nature of homosexual sex (we were soo mature.) I have no idea how the topic came up but with our sophisticated knowledge of the male anatomy we concluded that two guys could have sex. Lesbians, however, were a topic of much debate. I think I was the one who brought up that girls could be lesbians (I'm not sure if I knew about sex really then.) A girl who had a crush on me at the time, long story, didn't see how that would be possible wondering how they would "do it" without...you know ( I have no idea what we could a penis at the time.) I posited that maybe they used pencils, which of course we're the only portable phallic symbol that came to mind.
Needless to say I grow up, learned many things and the matter was consigned to that bin of cute childish memories.
That is until I came upon this story. A woman who worked at Merril Lynch claimed that after she had confronted her boss about why she didn't get a raise he "put his hand up her skirt again, this time with a pencil in his hand in an attempt to sexually assault her with the object." I have no idea how the company could not respond to this, or what would possess someone to try such a thing, but wow. So egregious and just... disgusting. It's a fitting coincidence that the guy's name is Richard Dorfman (asshole) because he is totally a dick. Certain things don't go certain places and you keep your hands to yourself. I learned that when I was 8.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: