Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Perhaps sterility is a good thing

Over the past few days I've come to a realization and its all due to my boy cat Dubya. Dubya has always been a whiny cat, when he was a kitten his eyes didn't open for a long time and his mother sort of abandoned him until, because of my constant prodding her to take care of him, she acknowledged he existed. Even after this he could always be heard meowing for any of his sisters. I originally named him Dubya because he was so whiny, helpless, but as the only boy cat felt compelled to eat all of his sisters' food and take over their resting places.
Time passes. Dubya grows up, 4 and a half now, and over the past week or so his cute endearing constant meaowing and running to me and demanding my affectation whenever he sees me has worn a little thin. Which got me thinking, what if Dubya were like my real kid? Would I still get annoyed at his constant whining and neediness, or would his humanity out weigh it? I would like to think that I could teach my kid not to be such a brat, something I can't teach Dubya (damn his razor claws.) Am I going to be that horrible a mother? Like I like Saca because she's a "real cat" who barely tolerates or acknowledges me, and I tolerate my brother's dog because he can follow commands, most of the time. Is that what kind of kids I want/ the only ones I can tolerate. That saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"= I don't get it; I would just replace the wheel, which I guess you can't do with kids...gawd. Sorry just venting, so if this is still around in 10 years when I'm trying to adopt, just disregard this Adoption Service Investigators; I actually do like kids*

*as long as they're well behaved and/or cute and smart

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: