Friday, July 27, 2007

The Musical Simpsons

One of my favorite aspects of the Simpsons is their incorporating catchy original songs into their story lines. So here are a few of those songs that I love, in no particular order. I'm not saying this is a definitive list, I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feeling, just some I like and was able to snag a clip of. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

This has my favorite ending of most things I know " He lied to us through song; I HATE when people do that!" From the episode Homer and Apu

Homer & Apu Medley (mp3)

"Sorry; Gotta admit its catchy" from the episode Two Dozen and One Greyhounds

Two Dozen and One Greyhounds medley (mp3)

This is a great and incredibly underrated song. It's Lisa's Union Strike Folk Song from the episode Last Exit to Springfield: "They have the plant but we have the power" Love it

Union Strike Folk Song (mp3)

Lisa honoring Bleeding Gums from the episode 'Round Springfield: "When the Jazzman's testifyin' the fathless man believes

'Round Springfield medley (mp3)

I wish I could help keep the metric system down. Good thing the Stonecutters Do, from the episode Homer The Great

We Do- The Stonecutters Song (mp3)

I really like this episode. Community theatre doing A Streetcar Named Desire as a musical called "Oh, Streetcar" Simply Brilliant and Marge flys! From the episode A Streetcar Named Marge

"Oh, Streetcar" The Musical (mp3)

This is a really sweet (as in cute and endearing) clip from the episode Stark Raving Dad. Things like those make me wish I had a brother (you know, who cares and stuff) Anywhoo

Happy Birthday Lisa (mp3)

When the great Troy Mclure (r.i.p.) has his comeback after those troubling incidents at the aquarium he is cast as the human (its the part I was born to play) in Planet of the Apes The Musical from the episode A Fish Called Selma. ("down in front!")

A Fish Called Selma medley (mp3)

"But Main Street's still all cracked and broken/ Sorry mom, the mob has spoken" in this wonderfully festive song from Marge vs. the Monorail

"Mono- D'Oh!"
The Monorail Song (mp3)

Speaking of festive here's Tito Puente's guest starring turn on Who Shot Mr. Burns? (Part 2.) I assume this is his only lasting contribution to society.

"That rotten rich old man"

And finally the B Sharps with their grammy award winning smash Baby On Board as performed on top of Moe's Tavern ("it's been done") in the episode Homer's Barbershop Quartet

The B Sharps- Baby on Board (mp3)

(most of this songs, and many more can be found on Amazon)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: