Thursday, July 19, 2007

And finally... Your Simply Amazing Stuck in my Head Song of the Day

Whatever, let's keep the emotion flowing. I originally discovered this song through Damien Rice's cover of "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" in the middle he inserted a bit that goes like "Star Star Teach Me How to Shine, Shine" which I found absolutely amazing. I googled that line and found out its from a song by and Irish band, The Frames, called, unsurprisingly Star Star. And the rest of the song's lyrics touched me even more. Too many people have called me brave and inspirational, though I don't think I'm either, but these lyrics sort of sum up my belief about life and the fight that we all have, or should undertake, which may be a little more obvious with me

Star star teach me how to shine shine
Teach me so I know what's going on in your mind
'Cause I don't understand these people
Who say the hill's too steep
Well they talk and talk forever
But they just never climb

Falling down into situations
Bringing out the best in you
You're flat on your back again
And star you're every word I'm heeding
Can you help me to see
I'm lost in the marsh

Star star teach me how to shine shine
Teach me so I know what's going on in your mind
'Cause I don't understand these people
Who say we're all asleep
They'll toss and turn forever
But no rest will they find...

And yes this is the other song I was thinking about posting last night, and like I said either one was still going to be stuck in my head today as well and sort of go with my TMI post, but I think the inspiration and hope of this one is a better fit now with ideas of improvement and love, rather than badass blues booziness. It's so beautiful, just like the video, who my esteemed colleague in LME called timeless. It really is.

Let's dedicate this one to always climbing, to always hoping and, of course, to love.
bonne nuit mes amours, partout où vous tout êtes

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: