Sunday, June 24, 2007

Yeah, Cheney is a dick

and evil and operating unconstiutionally, but didn't we all know he would be back in 2000 (ahem , I ...)
That should be an interesting article to follow though.
And the more I think of it and the more that is revealed about this administration the more ashamed I am of Colin Powell. I mean he knew all the stuff he was doing and saying was deceitful and wrong yet he still went along with it for four of the most disastrous years in our history. He was too loyal and complete a soldier to publicly contradict or speak against authority. I mean I respect and value loyalty but still. And now when he has no real power he feels free to speak his mind. There was a great article in Vanity Fair from maybe April or May of this year about the generals who spoke out against the war and it is the same sense of loyalty and duty that made them keep quiet, while they knew everything was going to hell and thousands of lives ( ten times as many on the iraqi side)and hundreds of billions of dollars were basically being wasted. Maybe its just me and my generational understanding of it but to me an incredibly important part of duty is not blindly following orders but having a sense of what is right and should be done and attaching your loyalty to that. I still believe in the good of America; I just wish we all did, or at least had a reason to. (and sorry this post turned out like twenty times longer than I had planned - i had planned on stopping at the Hives clip; I guess there's nothing like ill informed passion to make people talk too much.)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: