Sunday, June 17, 2007

Well, that was a good run while it lasted

According to the BBC, scientists (or whoever studies such things) are predicting that the Internet will collapse onto itself.
I guess I never really thought about it; I know that the Internet is not a series of tubes, but I never bothered or cared enough to understand how it works (which is similar to my ignorance about most everyday technology in my life; the t.v., phone etc.) I guess there probably is some type of weight limit. Of course I have no idea what I'm talking about.
It does seems to make sense though, after all who could've predicted the growth of the internet and everything that it would be used for (even I have two websites now!) even a couple of years ago, but there does seem to be a bit of the boy who cried wolf/chicken little phenomenona as well. If the whole shebang does fall apart, however, I will only blame on person; Al Gore. First global warming, and now this. He must have been even more pissed off than I thought after he got screwed 2000, what with destroying the world as we know it, and all. I'd still vote for him in '08 though...

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: