Thursday, June 21, 2007

Real World: Sydney

The new season of the Real World is to premiere sometime this fall and I have to say I'm not looking forward to it. It seems to be more of the same thing: lots of drinking, sex and yelling, this time in Sydney. I'm actually old enough to remember watching the 2nd season of the Real World when it was originally broadcast and in terms of social relevance and importance the show has definitely been going steadily downhill since Season 3 in San Francisco (this is a pretty common critique.) It's now just purely mindless television that has to give teenagers (i'm sounding like such an old prude) horrible conceptions of the world and cause them to put appearing on the Real World ( or its endless Challenge series-es) as a major life goal.
The Wikipedia site has many of the cast members MySpace pages and if there is any type of real discussion on this show I will be shocked. Highlights from their pages include:

Isaac (who originally was to appear on the Real World Denver but was under house arrest at the time) whose general interest include " drinking dome anal and beer" and would like to meet "skanky sluty (sp) whore sluts."

Kelly, a 20 year old from UT-Austin

Cohutta Lee, a 23 year old (presumable good ol' boy) from Blue Ridge Georgia

Dunbar Finn who goes to Ole Miss, has a girlfriend and has served in Iraq (presumably another good ol' boy)

Trisha Cummings (ha ha), a blonde model type from Fresno

and last but not least, as I'm sure she'll be heavily featured, Shauvon, a bisexual 24 year old from "Princess Wonderland California, with dyed blonde hair, breast implants, and wallpaper that consists of just her picture.

I just wonder where the black guy and the gay guy are.
I can't lie, I'll still watch hoping for the day when this happens. God Bless Dave Chappelle, R.I.P.


(part 2)
(part C)
(part end)
(oh and this too)

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kellyanne didn't go to ut-austin.. she's from austin (georgetown, texas)...

Jacqui said...

thanks for that. I didn't know and I guess it's true about assuming...
Sorry