Monday, June 25, 2007

I'm Afraid of Americans; Ignorance Addition


A new Newsweek poll has just come out and it sort of confirms what I've long known. There are some serious morons in this country. Like mildly retarded, functionally illiterate dumb . Some highlights (if you can call them that) from the article :
40% of Americans believe Iraq was directly involved in the Sept. 11 attacks
More people know who won American Idol this year than who is Chief Justice (and this was like the lowest rated American Idol ever)
8% don't believe SUVs contribute to global warming
47& of respondents think Christianity and Islam are older than Judaism
and 39% of Americans polled don't know that the Roman Empire came before the British and American ones.

(btw, I got that great photo from Wonkette)

Thankfully those numbers are lower than I had thought (and to be honest I didn't know who was Federal Reserve chairman, but I recognize that beard). So maybe there is some hope though looking at the following clip quickly strips alot of that away. I really hope, like some of the comments suggest that these people were paid to be stupid, otherwise I will have very little problem moving to Vancouver, consistently one of the best places to live.)
But I bleed red (and if I'm really sick white and blue) so let's just say these people are abberations or pod people.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: