Thursday, June 28, 2007

Happy Thursday!

Happy Thursday everyone! In honor of it being the best day for having a beer (or six) in the afternoon today will be a relatively light posting day. Hubby, my dear love/the girl I would marry/cofounder of Thursday Thursday asked for a care package since she's in the damn Peace Corps in damn Burkina Faso until September 2009 (damn) and so I need to put that together today and make sure I send it out today, Thursday, in honor of our special day. She forgot some songs on her iPod (who knew she had access to a ready source of electricity?) so I made her a mix tape:
John Denver- Leaving on a Jet Plane
Mr. Big- To Be With You
Otis Redding- (Sitting on the) Dock of the Bay
Fergie- Big Girls Don't Cry (Personal) -[just a reminder these are Hubby's songs, not mine]
Paul Simon- 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover
Tina Turner- What's Love Got to Do With It?
Paul McCartney & Wings- Maybe I'm Amazed
Daughtry-Home [see fergie above]
Corinne Bailey Rae-Put Your Records On
Soundgarden- Black Hole Sun
Mary J. Blige and U2- One
Joe Cocker- With a Little Help From My Friends
Rob Thomas- Streetcorner Symphony
Liz Phair- Why Can't I
Billy Preston- That's The Way God Planned It
Ike and Tina Turner- Proud Mary
The Pretenders- I'll Stand by You
Prince & The Revolution - Purple Rain

God I love that girl.

Also to start her monthly reading she requested T.S. Eliot's Four Quartets and Walt Whitman's Song of Myself.
So I need to wrangle some of that stuff up and ship it and then drink- so if today sucks, blame affection.
Is it 2009 yet?

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: