Thursday, June 28, 2007

Drinking and Sports- God's Gift to Man

Tonight is the long awaited NBA Draft. Greg Odeon and Kevin Durant are expected to go in that order and though I think Durant is fucking sweet I'd probably pick them in the same way. After that it should be interesting just to see where everyone goes. And I must admit that this year there is so much more of a buzz about the draft, which I attribute to the rule that you must be one year out of high school before you can enter the Draft, which allowed a huge numbers of fans to see and get excited about players like Odeon and Durant. It's hard to get enthused when top picks are from Lithuania, no offence.
But with that being said I'm not all that excited about this Draft. I usually love Drafts, though mostly the spectacle that is the NFL extravangaza that compels me to sit on the couch for eight hours in the middle of reading period just to see who the Jaguars may pick out of Eastern Illinois in the 3rd round [correction they picked a receiver from Central Florida). But mostly I'm not too excited just because the Lakers are picking 19th and the only excitement and enthusaism I'll be able to muster is if somehow we get KG tonight. (come on! there has to be someway)
I will actually miss all the Draft- my mom is really loving me to be their when she prays for my soul, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't get wasted and have fun (or in whichever order you do that) It is Thursday after all. So here's the official NBA Draft drinking game and with some of the rules you should probably just plan on crashing at whoever's place you're watching. It's from last year but if you just substiute Yi for Andrea Bargnani ( or better yet just drink whenever a comparison is made with a premier player.

And in related news, Dukie's are still not sad to see McRoberts leave for the bottom half of the first round.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: