Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Best Band Ever*

*for June 26th, according to me, subject to change without notice

Today Paris Hilton is the Best Band Ever (snicker if you will) oh and what a coincidence she got out of jail late last night (and looked absolutely gorgeous, but more on that later.) Either way just listen to one of her songs, maybe without knowing who the artist is if you can't get past that, or by yourself, if others can't either, and I defy you to deny their catchiness. Just a quick disclaimer I like Paris, or am, at least, not in the virulent Anti-Paris camp, so when I heard she was making an album I thought it would be a hoot and great fun. I think I was in Rome when all this was happening so it was the fall of 2005 and I downloaded her song Screwed. It was a catchy pop song, pretty generic and with all the production you couldn't really tell what her voice was like, so I enjoyed it. It was said to be from her album Paris is Burning, which I thought was a pretty ironic name and surprising and I would have been horribly shocked if Paris had known this reference. Then I read about her feud with Hillary Duff's sister and I thought that was hilarious; two not incredibly gifted people tiffing over a mediocre song, plus I admired Paris' gaul (sorry horrible joke.)
I was actually a little too excited about her album and got a lot of ribbing from my friends, but whatev. Then she got in a fight with Christina Aguilera over the Scarface wanna be Scott Storch and I ate it up. To sum up, her album Paris came out and I sort of forgot about it (and I think a lot of people did I have no idea how well it sold [check that, rather poorly]), and too be honest I couldn't actually buy it! I have my music snob title to live up to. But her single Stars Are Blind is still tremendous (especially the video; so early 90's Chris Isaak and Madonna -r.i.p Herb Ritts.) And so for those reasons Paris Hilton is the Best Band Ever.

Don't lie; you know you love it!

Paris Hilton-Screwed (mp3)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: